When Nia and Booker throw an epic 13th birthday party with no moms or kids allowed, they're forced to tell Raven and Levi they can't attend.
Nia and Booker are turning 13; and Raven is planning an epic birthday party for them. The twins can't wait to officially become teens. They are excited to invite their friends but their friends are not impressed to hear that Raven is planning it. Tess agrees with Sienna, Curtis and The Guntz that the twins should plan their own party. The friends convince the twins it should be a teen-only party and that means they shouldn't invite their mom or kids like Levi.
Back at home, Booker and Nia struggle to break the news to Raven and Levi. Raven greets them with tears of joy because she's so excited to plan their 13-themed party. Unfortunately, they tell her that not only are they planning their own party but she isn't even invited. Levi comes in and gets his own un-invitation. Both Raven and Levi don't process the news well. They are beyond disappointed. Raven feels like crying. Levi stops talking to Booker.
The next day at school, the Baxter twins start telling their friends about their no-rules teenage party. Curtis and The Guntz start asking Booker about Nia's favorite color, hoping for a chance to dance with her during the party. At the same time, Zeena starts asking Nia about Booker's preferences, making it clear that she has a crush on Booker. Both Nia and Booker are creeped out by their friends having crushes on them. So, they each separately come to a conclusion that they should throw separate parties - girls with Nia; boys with Booker.
The separate parties turn out to be extremely boring. The friends want to party together but the twins don't let them. Nia wants the girls to put on avocado face masks and lie on the couch waiting for them to dry. Booker wants the boys to play laser tag but they just want to be with the girls. Meanwhile, Raven wants to sneak into the parties but Levi and Sebastian try to stop her. She puts on spy cameras but Nia and Booker quickly figure it out and confront her. Nia and Booker agree that both of their parties are boring. They decide to merge them but it's too late. Everyone has already given up and is ready to go home. Booker and Nia try to excite the crowd but the twins end up awkwardly dancing together.
While climbing out the window to sneak into the joint twins' party, Raven slips and starts falling. They call a fire truck to rescue her. Afterwards the firemen invite the kids to hang at the firetruck but they're not too excited. At that point, Nia and Booker realize that it is worthless trying so hard to prove they're grown up to their friends. They say that they should have let their mother plan an amazing party instead of kicking her out just to impress their friends. They apologize to Raven and Levi.
- Raven-Symoné as Raven Baxter
- Navia Robinson as Nia Baxter
- Issac Brown as Booker Baxter
- Jason Maybaum as Levi Grayson
- Sky Katz as Tess O'Malley
- Jason Rogel as Sebastian
- Donovan Whitfield as Curtis
- Nathan Blaiwes as The Guntz
- Jenna Davis as Sienna
- Laya DeLeon Hayes as Zeena Kamakamee'leon
- Jason Sweat as Fireman Alexandre
- This episode filmed on June 29, 2018.
- The title is a play on the 1963 song "It's My Party (and I'll Cry If I Want To)" by Lesley Gore.
- Chelsea is still on her cruise, and has missed 8 episodes during the season.
- Booker and Nia are the oldest ones in their circle of friends.
- Although this episode airs in November, production-wise, the twins' birthday is meant to be in late October (before Halloween).
- It is shown that Raven and her kids have been at 352 Hauser Avenue for at least nine years.
- Nia is shown letting go of the past, and befriending Zeena (to even Zeena's surprise).
- Zeena admits to liking Booker.
- Both Curtis and The Guntz admit to liking Nia.
- Although not stated, it is presumably Devon that shot the video footage from Booker and Nia's fourth birthday party depicted at the end.
| The image gallery for It's Your Party and I'll Spy If I Want To may be viewed here.