|“||This is the last possible holiday in a year of holidays that we
didn't get to have. And I will not let you take Christmas away
from us! Alright, vision or no vision, I still believe in Christmas!
|— Booker to himself.|
It's Christmas Eve and the Baxter/Grayson family are trying to make the best of the holiday when a storm hits and disrupts their plans to celebrate together at a cabin on the lake. Snowed in at three different places - Raven and Chelsea are lost in a snow tunnel, dads Devon and Garrett are stuck at the cabin and the kids are home alone - they all must lean on each other to help keep their inner "Christmas Cray" alive!
- Raven Symoné as Raven Baxter
- Anneliese van der Pol as Chelsea Grayson
- Navia Robinson as Nia Baxter
- Issac Ryan Brown as Booker Baxter
- Jason Maybaum as Levi Grayson
- Sky Katz as Tess O'Malley
- Part One was filmed on October 1-2, 2020, the first episode produced after the forced COVID shutdown. Part Two was filmed on October 8-9, 2020.
- The episode's director revealed that the show was the first series at Disney Channel to return to filming after the forced shutdown due to the pandemic.
- The title is a play on the 1992 sitcom Mad About You and the 2003 song of the same name by Belinda Carlisle.
- This is the fourth titled multi-part story in the franchise following Country Cousins, The Falcon and The Raven, Sleevemore trilogy, and the Friend Ship-Lost at Chel-Sea duology.
- On Disney+, this episode is split up into two parts.
- Due to the COVID hiatus, production on the holiday episodes were fast-tracked due to the relative nearness of the holiday season.
- Devon Carter becomes the only recurring character to appear in all four seasons. He now sports a mustache.
- Devon says "that's so Raven" when he finds out Raven and Chelsea are lost in a snow tunnel.
- This was the first one hour special of the series if not counting Raven About Bunk'd.
- This was the first Disney Channel series to have a two-part holiday special that's not a crossover.
- This was the third Christmas-themed episode in the Raven franchise after Escape Clause and Bah Humbugged.
- This was the second Christmas episode in the series, after Bah Humbugged.
- This was the first episode that Raven appears without a wig because after the COVID hiatus she decided to change her look.
- Booker remembers Independence Day, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving of the past year.
- Garrett left his family on the First Day of Hanukkah, on Chelsea's boat, Chelsea's Dream, and was promptly pursued and arrested by the police. By the Final Day of Hanukkah, Chelsea and Raven decided to combine their families. Chelsea and Levi then moved to Chicago to live with Raven, Booker, and Nia.
- Lil' Z was mentioned as ordering masks from Ravenous Fashions.
- The real-life COVID-19 pandemic is depicted as happening in the show, the first Disney Channel series to do so:
- Raven makes protective masks for Lil' Z.
- Ramon mentions that he "learned to braid in quarantine".
- Booker references how this is the "last possible holiday in a year of holidays that we didn't get to have".
- Raven and Chelsea, as well as the "silver men", are shown wearing masks in the snow tunnel.
- The Disney Channel song "Put the Happy in the Holidays" is featured.
- This was the last episode of Raven's Home to air in 2020.
| The image gallery for Mad About Yuletide may be viewed here.