|“||His accent is fake? Oh, I'm going to take down the new, New Kid!||”|
|— Booker to himself.|
A new kid at school is stealing Booker's shine, so Booker attempts to one-up him. Meanwhile, Raven's mission aims to bring back the arts program at her old high school, Bayside High.
- Raven-Symoné as Raven Baxter
- Issac Ryan Brown as Booker Baxter
- Mykal-Michelle Harris as Alice Baxter
- Felix Avitia as Neil
- Emmy Liu-Wang as Ivy Chen
- Caleb Baumann as Liam
- This episode was filmed on December 9-10, 2021.
- The title is a play on the famed boy band of the '80s, New Kids on the Block.
- Raven-Symoné celebrated her 36th birthday during production of this episode.
- Victor does not appear, but is mentioned by Booker and Alice.
- Alice is studying Advanced Robotics at Katherine Johnson Tech.
- Victor and Raven differ on whether she had a "breakthrough" or a "breakdown" at Indigo's retreat during Retreat Yourself.
- Alice (as well as Tasha) is depicted at The Chill Grill for the first time.
- The subplot is almost similar to the That's So Raven episode Teach Your Children Well.
- Neil says Booker has been going to Bayside for a month.
- Booker implies the events of 21 Lunch Street occurred two weeks before.
- Queen Elizabeth II attended a White House dinner during Cory in the House while Victor was incapacitated in No, No, Nanoosh. She was said to be quite taken with "Cheese in a Cup."
- Liam claims to have visited Buckingham Palace for tea and to have met reigning British monarch Queen Elizabeth II a few times. This seems improbable, as someone with such elevated social status is not likely to attend an American public school.
- Thomas Merton (1915-1968) was an American Trappist Monk, writer, and social activist.
- Talk show host James Corden was mentioned. Coincidentally, this episode aired the same week he announced plans to leave his show.
- Cami states that her mother dates, implying Alana is not married.
- In the original script:
- Neil claims "Bartholomew is British for Liam."
- In the locker scene "robotic" is said instead of fake.
- The paint sprayer was activated when the thrown box interacted with other various art objects in a Rube Goldberg fashion.
- Liam says shenanigans is British for pranks.
| The image gallery for New Kid on the Chopping Block may be viewed here.