|“||You're my best friend, Tess. You always cheer me up.||”|
- Nia opens up to Tess about her discomfort with the living situation.
- Nia and Tess try out different Raven's makeups together against her wish.
- Tess and Nia start hanging out with cool eighth graders
- Both Nia and Tess have a crush on the same boy, Wally.
- They both act weird around Wally.
- Tess and Nia both have the same idea to pretend that they've lost contact lenses.
- They both realize that Wally is not worth it at the same time.
- Tess gives up halloween fun to spend the night with Nia who has chicken pox.
- Tess decorates Nia's bedroom using halloween theme.
- Nia and Tess do a trick-or-trick experience where Tess dresses up in different costumes for Nia to knock and ask for candy.
- They eat Booker's secret stash of candy together.
- Tess helps Nia in her research to trigger psychic powers.
- When Nia feels left out, Tess comes over to cheer her up.
- Tess and Nia hug each other.
- Tess dresses up as Nia's crush to help Nia practice how to talk to her crush.
- Tess helps Nia with her recycling efforts.
- Tess invites Nia to go have fun with her lock pick.
- Nia and Tess hang out at Tess's uncle's cop car.
- Tess says that Nia is cool.
- Nia defends Tess when Raven accuses her of being the one who tagged the bin.
- Tess takes the blame when all the evidence leads to Nia to protect Nia.
- Raven admits that Tess is a good friend for her daughter.
- Nia and Tess audition together to join The Red Hot Chili Steppers dance crew.
- When told that there's only a room for one, both Tess and Nia don't want to take the opportunity since they don't want to be separated.
- Tess and Nia start their own step dance group.
- Their friendship is tested when they can't agree on who should lead the team or what moves are more important.
- Nia feels bad that she and Tess are fighting.
- Tess and Nia eventually make up and decide to do their own performance, just the two of them, after losing all their teammates to The Red Hot Chili Steppers.
- Even though they don't win, Nia and Tess admit that they've won something more important - their friendship.
- During the father-daughter dance, Nia and Tess comfort each other about their absent dads.
- Nia and Tess swap clothes so that Tess can dance with her dad in Nia's dress.
- They both like making fun of Booker.
- They live in the same apartment building.
- They both had a crush on Wally in Fears of a Clown
- Tess is wild and carefree while Nia is responsible and a perfectionist.
| The image gallery for Nia and Tess may be viewed here.