|“||Rise and shine, sleepyheads! I am Lou. Welcome to Camp Kikiwaka!||”|
|— Lou waking up the Fam in their Scüt.|
"Raven About Bunk'd" is the first episode in Season 4 of Raven's Home and the sixty-first overall. It is a crossover special with fellow Disney Channel series, Bunk'd. It first aired on July 24, 2020 to 0.72 million viewers.
Raven, Chelsea, Booker, Nia, Levi and Tess set out on a long road trip to Maine’s Camp Champion, but a GPS glitch sends them off course to Camp Kikiwaka, a place with an uncertain future even for those who can catch a glimpse of the future. While Raven and Chelsea hunt for Maine lobster, the kids make arts and crafts and develop feats of engineering, and then set out to find the camp’s infamous “Snipe” in Moose Rump’s Forbidden Forest. The adventure also includes celebrity piglets, hidden tunnels and a musical performance, as the newcomers forge a camaraderie with Lou, Noah, Ava, Destiny, Gwen, Finn and Matteo – and set out to own the summer.
Raven's Home Cast
- Raven-Symoné as Raven Baxter
- Anneliese van der Pol as Chelsea Grayson
- Navia Robinson as Nia Baxter
- Issac Ryan Brown as Booker Baxter
- Jason Maybaum as Levi Grayson
- Sky Katz as Tess O'Malley
- Miranda May as Lou Hockhauser
- Mallory James Mahoney as Destiny Baker
- Raphael Alejandro as Matteo Silva
- Will Buie Jr. as Finn Sawyer
- Scarlett Estevez as Gwen Flores
- Shelby Simmons as Ava King
- Israel Johnson as Noah Lambert
- Nick A. Fisher as Kyle
- This episode was filmed on March 6, 2020, on location at CBS Studios, the home studio of Bunk'd.
- This was also filmed on the same day the Bunk'd episode "Whisper Toots" premiered.
- This is a crossover between the That's So Raven/Jessie franchises.
- This is the first crossover to happen between two spinoffs or sequels from the parent series.
- The episode was choreographed by Lilian Manansala who has choreographed several That's So Raven episodes and appeared as a dancer in "Too Much Pressure." She has also choreographed several Bunk'd episodes as well.
- This is a crossover with the Disney Channel series Bunk'd. This is the first Disney Channel crossover in 5 years since the Monstober Spooktacular Weekend crossovers in 2015.
- Booker's vision of Finn setting off another stink bomb on the rooftop is not canon anymore, since Raven and Booker now reside in San Francisco.
- Unless this is just a visit for Raven and Booker and a vacation for the Kikiwakians.
- This episode was part 1 of one hour special
- Part 1 of the crossover was a Raven's Home script, while Part 2 was a Bunk'd script and were originally filmed as "The Bunk'dy Bunch" and "Raven About Kikiwaka"
- Part 1 ends with Finn saying, “Now I see why they call it the Forbidden Forest”, as shown by the Bunk’d producer credits showing in the next scene
- On Disney+, this episode has the regular theme song to Raven's Home instead of the Raven About Bunk'd logo that we saw on its premiere.
- This is the first crossover of the series but it's the fifth crossover in the That's So Raven franchise after "Checkin' Out" (Season 4 of That's So Raven), "That's So Suite Life of Hannah Montana" (Season 2 of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody), "Take This Job and Love It" (Season 2 of Hannah Montana that featured Madison Pettis and John D'Aquino as Sophie Martinez and President Martinez from Cory in the House, a spinoff to That's So Raven) and "That's So In The House" (Cory in the House).
- The crossover takes place in both of the fourth seasons of the two shows.
- Previously, the casts of both Raven's Home and Bunk'd appeared together in "Holidays Unwrapped" a Disney Channel special from the 2019 holiday season.
- Various IG stories hinted at this crossover, with the cast depicted wearing Camp Kikiwaka shirts.
- This episode reveals and shows that That's So Raven, Cory in the House, Raven's Home, Jessie, Bunk'd, Boy Meets World, Girl Meets World, Austin & Ally, The Suite Life Series, K.C. Undercover, Wizards of Waverly Place, Liv & Maddie, Good Luck Charlie, Best Friends Whenever, I Didn't Do It, Hannah Montana, I'm In The Band, Shake It Up, and A.N.T. Farm, take place in the same universe.
- The production team rented Production backing 8294 to stand in for the Forbidden Forest, which was originally created for the 1967 Disney film, The Gnome Mobile.
- This is the third crossover Raven has been in since That's So Suite Life of Hannah Montana and That's So in the House.
- This is the 4th Disney crossover to air during July. The other being That's so Suite Life of Hannah Montana, Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana and Lab Rats vs Mighty Med.
- Tess' dad, Jimmy O'Malley was mentioned.
- This is the only time Raven had a vision in Season 4.
- The first official appearance of Chelsea's new blonde hairstyle.
- Chelsea does not mention her vegetarian camp past as she clearly no longer follows that lifestyle.
- Raven claims Chicago to Moose Rump is a 20 hour trip.
- Booker and Levi's voices are slightly deeper as of this episode, due to their actors experiencing puberty when the special was produced.
- Dairy Air was played by a pig named Sally-Sue.
- Snipes are actually wading birds with long thin beaks known to live in marshy areas.
- This is the second episode to feature a live snake after Dream Moms.
- Raven claims Booker and Nia have never eaten seafood fresh from the ocean. Chelsea suspects the same for Levi, but this seems unlikely unless, Levi completely avoided eating seafood while visiting Hawaii.
- This episode was the highest viewed episode of Season 4.
- The gap between this episode and the Season 3 finale is 40 days, which is the shortest gap between season finales and season premieres in this series.
- This episode serves as both the Season 4 premiere of Raven's Home and the Season 4 finale of Bunk'd.
- On September 5, 2020, Disney Channel aired the special as two individual parts for the first time, using the regular opening credits for each series
- This happened again on January 3, 2021.
- The Bunk'd cast were credited as "Special Guests."
- The end credits played over a simple black screen.
- The initial moments from the original presentation were omitted.
- Establishing shot of 352 Hauser Avenue
- Sequence of Booker and Levi playing chess as their moms prepare lunch in the apartment.
- Sequence of Tess opening door and entering the apartment.
- This episode aired in Canada on August 7, 2020.
| The image gallery for Raven About Bunk'd may be viewed here.